As multiple crises have unfolded in recent years, the arts and culture sector has been among the most damaged financially, and its structural fragilities have significantly deteriorated. At the same time, its value to society throughout these crises has been undoubtedly clear.
This second volume of Philea's research into European philanthropic funding in the field of arts and culture reveals a philanthropic sector that is strongly committed to resourcing artistic and cultural organisations to strengthen their resilience; has a cross-cutting and intersectional tendency in its work; and is clearly open to collaborative and participatory approaches.
This edition of the mapping surveyed 64 foundations from 17 different countries, and includes contributions from several experts in the field.
- Published by
- Philanthropy Europe Association (Philea)
- Funded by
- Bikuben Fonden
- European Cultural Foundation
- Fondation Daniel et Nina Carasso
- Fondation de France
- Fondazione CRT
- Fondazione Cariplo
- Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo
- Fundacion Princesa de Asturias
- Kultura Nova Foundation
- Porticus Foundation
- la Caixa Foundation
- Document type
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License