This handbook provides practical guidance for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to advocate and litigate using EU law to protect their rights and civic space in the EU.
It aims to be a user-friendly guide for CSOs who want to know::
- What EU law is and how it affects individuals and organisations;
- When and how CSOs can challenge national provisions or measures that impact their mission, activities and operations on the basis of EU law, including the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights (CFR);
- Which legal avenues and resources are available for CSOs to defend their civic space within the EU law framework
A list of resources as well as practical tools can be found in the last part the document.
- Published by
- Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE)
- European Center for Not-for-Profit Law
- European Foundation Centre (EFC)
- Document type
- © 2020 by the European Center for Not-for-Profit Law Stichting (ECNL), the European Foundation Centre (EFC) and the Donors and Foundations Network in Europe (DAFNE)