The papers included in this volume are a selection of those presented at a joint eabh and Fondazione 1563 conference in 2018 in Turin, Italy. The conference sought to expand upon research in the field of social responsibility and ethical finance and saw over 150 attendees examine the connections between banking and charity, ethics and profit and explore case studies of financial from across the world.
Papers ranged from Italian Monte di Pietà in the Middle Ages to the recent advent of contemporary impact financing, from rural moneylenders in Western India to the mutualism of French agricultural credit, from the Swedish savings banks and the British building societies to the German and Dutch Raiffeisen banks, from Rothschild philanthropy to the public economic and social aspects of the Italian banking system, from the Spanish bank archives to those in Canada and South Africa.
Each paper ends with a list of bibliographical references.
- Published by
- The European Association for Banking and Financial History e.V. (eabh)
- Fondazione 1563 Per l'Arte e la Cultura della Compagnia di San Paolo
- Funded by
- Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo
- Issue areas
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Africa (Southern) / South Africa
- Asia (Southeastern) / India
- Europe (Northern) / Sweden
- Europe (Northern) / United Kingdom
- Europe (Northwestern) / Netherlands
- Europe (Southern) / Italy
- Europe (Southern) / Spain
- Europe (Western) / France
- North America / Canada
- © eabh, Frankfurt am Main, 2020 All rights reserved.